Friday 31 July 2009

I like working on two projects at once, so I can juggle them when I need a break from one. I'm going to let Bulfinch rest for a day so I can tackle the third round of revision with a fresh mind. In the meantime, here's some more news on the short film, Chatterton!

Cindy Ye has sent me some preliminary sketches for the skirt of the dress she's making for Donna, the forgers' model in their "historic" photos. She's reminded me of how wonderful collaboration is. I think I have an idea of what I want in an element (costume, prop, performance), and then the people I ask to help me with it come back with something even more detailed and alive than I could have imagined on my own.

For an example, here's the sketch I'd sent to her, with a general idea of what I was looking for in a costume:
(I don't have a scanner at home, hence the sort of sadly dark photo.)

Now here are Cindy's drawings for the skirt alone - she'll be doing more once I send her a shirt to modify and incorporate into the costume, and she'll be sending me some photos as she goes along - I'm very excited to see her work! (The image of the front is b/w inverted, but the entire dress will be antiqued-white.)

No comments:

Post a Comment